The ESRC are holding two workshops to explore the shape of a potential new research investment around Work.
31 May 2018 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre, 34 Bread Street, Edinburgh.
4 June 2018 at the Westminster Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street, London.
The first workshop is held in conjunction with the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE)
The second workshop is held in conjunction with the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA)
We want to gather views on the following indicative themes:
- Emerging technologies, skills and training
- New work practices, workplaces and business models (including the gig economy)
- Inequalities, insecure employment and in-work poverty
- Job quality, health and wellbeing
- Lifelong resilience and sustainability (including an ageing workforce)
Each full-day workshop will be organised around a series of expert presentations and interactive table discussions.
To register your interest in attending the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Use ‘Towards a future that works for all event’ in the subject line and include your:
- role and organisation
- areas of interest and expertise
- date and location of the workshop you wish to attend
- three themes you would most like to contribute to in order of preference (if you do not provide three choices, the office will randomly assign you to a theme for some of the discussions)
Please note you are registering an interest to attend this event, this does not guarantee a place. Places are strictly limited due to the size of the venues. In cases where several people are from the same organisation, we reserve the right to nominate a delegate. You will receive a formal invitation email from the ESRC if you are allocated a slot to attend.