ISBE Special Interest Group: Gender and Enterprise Network (GEN)
The Gender and Enterprise Network (GEN) is a Special Interest Group (SIG) of the Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE). It is open to both ISBE members and non-members.
GEN aims to:
PROMOTE the creation of scholarly research on the relationship between small enterprise/entrepreneurship and gender.
FACILITATE knowledge exchange between researchers, educators, entrepreneurs, small business owners, policy makers and business support professionals interested in enterprise and gender.
ENABLE the development of gender-aware entrepreneurship policy.
SUPPORT the career development of our members.
CONTRIBUTE to developing the gender track at the ISBE annual conference.
Some GEN facts and successes.
Over 700 members, half of whom are international.
Provides publication outlets e.g. journal special issues
- 2013. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research 19(5)
- 2014. International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship 6(3)
Hosts public and academic events
- Regular seminars, including ‘Think-Spaces’
- Conference/Retreat for professional development and publication support
- Impact events with policy makers, business support professionals
For further information, please visit the GEN blog.
To join the GEN SIG, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org