Registration and call for submissions open for 9th Entrepreneurship as Practice Conference, University of Leeds, United Kingdom. 3-5 April 2024
Please consider attending the 9th Entrepreneurship as Practice Conference (EAP9), hosted this year by the University of Leeds, United Kingdom. This year’s conference takes place 3-5 April 2024. Registration and abstract submission pages are open now.
EAP has established a reputation as the leading conference for scholars interested in the study of entrepreneurial practices. We are a community that supports vibrant conversations, outstanding paper development workshops and mentoring, and exceptional speakers. This year’s speakers promise to expand the discussion of how practice theories can provide new theoretical and methodological insights into entrepreneurship. Confirmed speakers include:
|Social Practice Theory Keynotes
· Elizabeth Shove, Lancaster University
· Allison Hui, Lancaster University
|Entrepreneurship As Practice
· Sarah Jack, Lancaster University
· Sara Dodd, University of Strathclyde
· William B. Gartner, Babson College
|Strategy As Practice:
· Richard Whittington, University of Oxford
|Information Management As Practice:
· David Allen, University of Leeds
Beyond great speakers, the conference includes round table discussions, parallel presentations, a popular Paper Development Workshop, and many opportunities to get to know one another.
Paper Development Submissions:
Abstract Deadline 19 January 2024
We welcome all submissions related to practice in entrepreneurship and small businesses. Given our theme of Conversations Across Domains we welcome submissions from practice studies in any domain which consider issues such as:
- Entrepreneurial practices in any context
- Practice approaches which have startups, freelancing, small and family businesses as a site of interest.
- Entrepreneurial strategizing
- Entrepreneurship education and practice theory
- Any paper from which entrepreneurial insights might be generated. For example, those working in domains of SAP, ISAP, and OAP are encouraged to add a paragraph at the end describing how their paper enriches conversations at this conference.
- And remember, no paper, no problem! You do not need to have an accepted abstract to attend.
Registration (inclusive of accommodation) is open now! Please click here.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
The 9th version of this Conference will take place in person only at the beautiful and historic Weetwood Hall Estate. Weetwood Hall is just 15 minutes taxi ride from Leeds-Bradford Airport, or 20 minutes taxi ride from Leeds Central Train Station with rail links to Manchester Airport and London Airports.
This year, we are pleased to offer an all-inclusive rate! The rate includes three-night accommodation, all meals, including a gala dinner and demonstration at the Royal Armouries Museum + conference registration fee. Travel not included.
- £610 Early Bird Rate (until 3rdFebruary 2024)
- £660Regular Rate (After 3rd February 2024)
- £510 PhD Student Early Bird Rate (until 3rdFebruary 2024)
- £560PhD Student Regular Rate (After 3rd February 2024)
For abstract submission information, registration and more, please click here.
We sincerely hope you will join us for this promising event. Further information can be found at the conference website.
If you have further questions, please email:
EAP9 organizing team (Richard Tunstall, Bruce Teague, Orla Byrne, and Neil Thompson)