£30,000 – £35,000 FULL TIME (18 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
This is a great opportunity to join the University in a pivotal role, working in the exciting Buckingham Enterprise and Innovation Unit (BEIU), located in the Vinson Building in the heart of the campus. BEIU offers a range of enterprising and innovative activities to students and staff of all disciplines and to external start-up and growth businesses, combining learning, research, pilot projects and business space hot desks, mentoring and advice. You will have a proven track record in other fast-growing environments and thrive on creativity, enterprise, complexity and challenge. Opportunity, scope and autonomy to carve out your role here and make a real difference. In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow and progress in an exciting environment.
About the University of Buckingham
The University was founded forty-five years ago, the first independent university in Britain. Underpinned by strong the ideals of liberty, independence, enterprise and radical approaches to perennial problems.
This role involves working as part of a busy team, where every day will be different and present unique challenges. This role requires a high degree of creativity, flexibility, an enterprising approach and a commitment to the objectives of the BEIU. These are to develop enterprising and innovative projects and courses, in liaison with all other schools and departments in the university. The successful candidate will find themselves involved in all areas of creativity, development and administration of the BEIU, reporting to the Director of the unit.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Enterprising or innovative project creation, co-ordination & development.
- Encouraging enterprise & innovation in and around the university.
- Coaching and other support to students, staff and other individuals.
- Handling enquiries about the BEIU from a range of stakeholder groups.
- In Liaison with the Director of the BEIU, financial management and budgeting.
- Administration and co-ordination of the Buckingham Enterprise Hub.
- Buckinghamshire Business First Growth Hub administration and coordination.
- Buckingham Business Enterprises Ltd administration.
- Start-up Visa administration.
Attitude and Skills
- Enthusiastic about creativity, innovation and enterprise.
- Good project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Flexible and calm (expect the unexpected).
- Supportive of BEIU customers’ needs (university staff, students & businesses).
- Confident with Microsoft Office and other computer software used in BEIU.
- Developing and running the BEIU website and associated social media.
- Willing to be the first point of contact for staff, students and business users of the Hub.
- Comfortable in a fast-growing, complex, creative and enterprising environment.
- A self-starter who is happy to operate with a high degree of autonomy.
- The ability to relate to people of different ages, nationalities and levels of seniority.
Experience and Education
- First degree in a relevant subject.
- Understanding a university working environment.
- Interest in entrepreneurship, enterprise, creativity, and innovation.
- Design and creative capability.
- Digital experience, including running a website and associated social media.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of handling confidential information.
- Experience of networking and building contacts.
You will report to:
Professor Nigel Adams – Director of the Buckingham Enterprise and Innovation Unit (BEIU) and Programme Director MSc in Applied Business Skills.
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Nigel Adams on Tel: 07779 010838 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12th July 2021.
For further information and details of how to apply, please visit our website: