International Journal of Gender & Entrepreneurship
The International Journal of Gender & Entrepreneurship (IJGE) is the only journal providing an international forum for academics, entrepreneurs and policy makers within the entrepreneurship and gender field. Ours is a multidisciplinary forum dedicated to the study of gender and entrepreneurship. As such, we welcome articles that cross discipline boundaries and/or address entrepreneurship and gender across different national or cultural contexts. In addition to publishing high quality, international research articles on gender and entrepreneurship, we work with established scholars, platform the work of dynamic young researchers, and enable the community of interest (researchers, educators, trainers, practitioners, support personnel and policy makers) to keep up to date with the field internationally.
Launched in 2008 at the Diana International Research Conference in Belfast, IJGE published its inaugural volume in 2009. After more than a decade of publications on gender and entrepreneurship, including a range of notable thematic special issues – and following its recent inclusion in the CABS UK journal ranking list – IJGE is seeking to expand internationally.
Accordingly, we invite expressions of interest for International Field Editors to join our editorial team and support the work of the Founder and Editor in Chief. In addition to attracting established international scholars to these roles, we are particularly interested in encouraging younger scholars who can bring fresh ideas and novel research perspectives to the journal.
International Field Editors will be appointed for a period of 3 years, and will work with the Editor in Chief to:
- Promote the journal through their respective networks, both within their region and internationally
- Encourage journal submissions from both established and new/emerging scholars
- Lead and/or encourage special issues from across the globe
- Engage with the Editorial Board Members, encouraging them to submit papers
- Contribute to the future strategy of the journal
- Conduct initial desk reviews of papers assigned to them and process papers in a timely fashion via the ScholarOne platform
- Help encourage and develop new ideas for novel types of research and policy papers, research notes and blogs, especially from emerging scholars with novel perspectives on the field, as well as scholars in under-represented regions
- Attend IJGE Editorial Board Meetings (normally virtual)
Those interested in becoming International Field Editors should submit a CV plus a one-page expression of interest using the following headings:
- Motivation for joining the IJGE Editorial Team
- Research and editing experience
- What contribution you could make to the Editorial Team and the future strategic direction of the journal
Expressions of interest should be submitted to the Editor in Chief, Professor Colette Henry, at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th April 2021.
IJGE publishes 4 times per year, and is currently ranked in the following fora:
- Chartered Association for Business Schools (CABS, UK) Academic Journal Guide 2018
- AIDEA (Italy), American Sociological Association
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Quality Journal List
- Australian Research Council (ERA Journal List)
- CNRS (France)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- FMS Journal Rating Guide