This workshop will bring together researchers who are interested in psychology methods in entrepreneurship research, in order to stimulate cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural collaborations. This is a hands-on workshop for researchers who are keen to apply experimental research design in their entrepreneurship research.
The workshop is designed for researchers who have no prior experience in experimental research design, therefore the materials, lecturing, discussing will be simplified to suite entrepreneurship context. This workshop will provide you with following:
– the foundation of experimental design as a research method
– the basic analyses used in experimental study (SPSS)
– the application to entrepreneurship research context
To make the most of the day, participants are offered the opportunity to submit a draft of working paper or research scope in order to receive more individualised feedback during group discussions. Details of how to submit a paper will be shared with those who have registered to attend the workshop. This is a joint workshop by ISBE (Psychology of Entrepreneurship research group) and BAM (SIG: Entrepreneurship).
**Please bring your laptop**
The event will take place on Friday 20th March 2020 (10:00-15:00)
Who Should Attend
• Researchers and academics who are interested in applying experimental study in entrepreneurship/small business research.
• Researchers and academics aiming to explore new areas of research and inquiry within the context in collaboration between psychology and entrepreneurship/small business
• Researchers and academics looking for ways to exchange experiences and learning about innovative method in entrepreneurship/small business research
• Both qualitative and quantitative researchers are welcome
Benefits of Attendance
• Exploring new research methodology in entrepreneurship/small business research
• Learn how to design experimental study in entrepreneurship/small business context
• Learn how to use basic statistical analyses to analyse experimental data
• Cross-disciplinary networking and collaboration on research projects and papers
Coventry University Technology Park
Puma Way, Coventry CV1 2TT
Paper Submission Details
To make the most of the day, participants are offered the opportunity to submit a draft of working paper or research scope in order to receive more individualised feedback during group discussions. Please submit no more than a one page (roughly 250 words) document.
The draft submission is not mandatory and you may attend the event without making any submission to us.
Please submit your draft paper to Raluca Stroe at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, 15th March 2020.
British Academy of Management and The Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
For general enquiries please contact Raluca Stroe on +44(0)2073837770, or at email@example.com
BAM or ISBE members 10 GBP
Non-members 15 GBP
Log into your account and proceed with the registration for the event.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Create a Non-BAM Member Account.
2. Log into your account and proceed with the registration for the event.
If you are not a BAM member and would like to join BAM or find out more about the benefits of being a BAM member, please go to BAM BAM membership
Please ensure that you are logged in (using the login box at the top of the screen) and then click the grey “Register Now” button. A registration tips file is available here to everyone wanting to register to an event, to help you navigate our system swiftly.
Please register by Monday 16 March 2020!
Cancelation Policy – Should you wish to cancel your place, you will receive a full refund if your cancelation is made 4 weeks prior to the event. After this, full payment will be required. BAM reserves the right to cancel the event if there are not enough people to justify running the workshops.