|Location:||Aston University Main Campus|
|Salary:||£42,149 to £50,296|
|Closing Date:||23.59 hours BST on Sunday 17 October 2021|
|Interview Date:||Monday 01 November 2021|
|Release Date:||Thursday 16 September 2021|
The post will be located in the Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship (CREME). CREME is the leading Centre of its kind; committed to the production and promotion of knowledge that is useful to academic and practitioner communities. CREME is a leading contributor to academic and policy debates on ethnic minority entrepreneurship. It is at the forefront of new developments in the field, many of which have been instrumental in stimulating practitioner activities and is recognized as a Centre of expertise at a national and international level.
The candidate should be a post-graduate and hold a good first degree in a relevant subject and have a doctorate in a relevant academic discipline, such as social science, business or entrepreneurship with experience of research in migrant and ethnic minority businesses and/or entrepreneurship and enterprise policy.
The main duties will be to:
- Work with the Director of CREME on projects relating to ethnic minority entrepreneurship and/or enterprise policy
- Develop research objectives, projects and proposals for research programmes consistent with the Centre’s research strategy and priorities, assisting in all aspects of research and policy development, including preparation of proposals, literature reviews, fieldwork, report-writing, and taking a project leadership role
- Present the results of the work at project meetings, seminars and conferences (currently being done virtually, this may change in the near future)
- Work closely with staff within CREME as well as external project partners
- Analyse and present data in both a clear and concise manner that is visually appealing
- Build and develop links with industry and the professions and to secure research funds from external sources
- Supervise and manage research projects
The successful candidate should also have excellent analytical skills, and have the ability to design and conduct academic and policy research in ethnic minority enterprise/ entrepreneurship.
For further information and to apply please click here.