Wednesday 14th April 2021, 10.30am – 12 Noon, Online
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Hear the feedback from a number of ‘Thought Leaders’ (TLs) in enterprise and entrepreneurship education that span the academic, policy and practice landscape and coordinate a programme of online activity that will culminate in a publishable output/s who are taking part in a dedicated piece of research examining our past, present and future research in enterprise and entrepreneurship education contribution in a UK context.
- Learn more about the past, present and future research in enterprise and entrepreneurship education contribution from an international perspective.
- Challenge some of the findings to date.
- Actively participate in the discussion with the panel of international thought leaders in enterprise and entrepreneurship education.
- Source ideas for your research and/or for new publications.
- Expand your next work even more!
This is the third event under the co-badged ISBE-EEUK Special Interest Group in Research in Enterprise Education. The SIG is intended to explicitly link together the research and practice arms of the EntEd discipline: encouraging and supporting educational practitioners to produce research output; to facilitate the development of potential research projects and partnerships between researchers and practitioners; to host activities where researchers and practitioners exchange expert knowledge; and to act as an expert group to inform policy responses and calls for evidence.
This online workshop will generate thoughts, discussion and debate on where we need to position and lead the fields of research in enterprise and entrepreneurship education. It will expand the work being carried out to date by the SIG on a review and extenuation of Ratten and Usmanij’s, (2020) paper Entrepreneurship education: Time for a change in research direction? The workshop will invite reflections and opinions that will contribute to this study which, together with this paper will act as a provocation and catalyst to examine our past, present and future research in enterprise and entrepreneurship education.
You are welcome to attend regardless of whether you are already a member of the Special Interest Group but if you would like to find out more or join the SIG, please click here.
Speakers and facilitators include
- Associate Professor Colin Jones, University of Southern Queensland
- Associate Professor Naomi Birdthistle, Griffith University, Australia
- Dr Breda Kenny, Munster Technological University, Ireland
- Dr Kelly Smith, University of Birmingham, UK
- Dr Emily Beaumont, University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Dr Breda O Dwyer, Munster Technological University, Ireland
- Gustav Hägg, Malmö University, Sweden
Cost to attend
Staff from EEUK and ISBE member organisations – Free of Charge. All other individuals – £100 (non-refundable).
Please click here to register.