ISBE Special Interest Group: Creative Industries Entrepreneurship
To join the SIG, click here and add your details. You can then choose your preferences, ticking the relevant SIG box. If the system finds that you are already subscribed to the ISBE mailing list, you will then see a link to update your preferences where you can also click the relevant SIG tickbox. If you require any assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The creative industries is one of the most dynamic and evolving sectors, earning the UK in the region of £10Million per hour (DCMS, 2016). Be it music, film, TV, computer games or architecture, there are few sub-sectors of the sector that remain untouched by technology. In addition, working patterns of creative disciplines and high level of self-employment, micro-businesses and entrepreneurship underpin our insights and approach. As such, research studying the sector has to be similarly agile and forward thinking. With this environment, the time is right for the launch of a new Special Interest Group at ISBE that supports and encourages those with an interest in entrepreneurship within the creative industries.
The ISBE CIE track has built a track record for attracting innovative and ground-breaking research. It is one of the main outlets in the UK for research that specifically looks at Creative Industries Entrepreneurship. The SIG offers the opportunity to build on this and to formalise the position of ISBE within the wider creative industries research field.
Aims of the SIG:
- To support researchers within this field by fostering a positive network and community to turn to throughout the year
- To provide a critical, friendly space to develop research ideas and collaboration from early career researchers to senior colleagues
- To harness the enthusiasm and creativity of researchers working within this field
- To aid dissemination and publication of this important work in academic and non-academic publications
- To encourage the specialised CIE track at the ISBE conference to thrive