ISBE Community of Interest: Psychology of Entrepreneurship and Small Business (PES)
COI Chair: Dr Sukanlaya Sawang
To join the COI, click here and add your details. You can then choose your preferences, ticking the relevant COI box. If the system finds that you are already subscribed to the ISBE mailing list, you will then see a link to update your preferences where you can also click the relevant COI tickbox. If you require any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com
Launching in 2019, the COI aims to understand the psychological aspects of entrepreneurship in order to build entrepreneurial resilience and sustainability. The psychology of entrepreneurship has increasingly gained attention from researchers, practitioners and policy makers. With the current trend and gap in our research community, it is a right time to introduce a new community to understand how psychological constructs can enhance (or impede) the effectiveness of entrepreneurship and small business as well as in a self-employment context.
The COI connects ISBE members and communities who are keen to explore the psychological aspects of entrepreneurship and small business. It aims to reflect the Institute’s values by encouraging research which is relevant to current contexts and looks forward to shaping the policies and practices in relationship to improving quality of work-life amongst entrepreneurs, small business owners and self-employed individuals.
Proposed Aims and Objectives:
Psychology of Entrepreneurship and Small Business (PES) aims to:
1. Advance research in entrepreneurship and small business in the area of psychology and entrepreneurial behaviours
2. Connect researchers and communities to promote applied research enhancing quality of life in entrepreneurship and small business
3. Propose ways to shape/reform our policies and practices to take better case of entrepreneurs, small business owners and the self-employed
These aims will be fulfilled through the following objectives:
1. Establishing research and collaborative network for people who are interested in the psychology aspect of entrepreneurship and small business through social media and the ISBE website
2. Proposing a special issue (entrepreneurship/small business journal) for the group in order to disseminate the research/papers in the psychology aspect of entrepreneurship and small business
3. Hosting seminars/workshops for early career researchers, policy makers and practitioners to provide industry updates and (applied) research collaboration.
PES organising committee
Dr Andre Soares
Dr Nattida Srisaracam
Dr Roopa Aruvanahalli
Dr Rob Kivits
Dr Sukanlaya Sawang (Chair)
NB: It is not a requirement that you are a member of ISBE to become a member of the PES and we welcome anyone with an interest in this field to contact us.